Worried about your pet catching the coronavirus? You’re not alone. Green Dog Dental knows that many pet parents are worried about what this pandemic means for their furry friends.
It’s a worrisome time, but we’re learning more and more about COVID-19 every day.
5 THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
Here’s what Green Dog Pet Products thinks you should know as a pet owner in the time of coronavirus:
- According to the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), there is no evidence to indicate that pets become ill with Covid-19 or that they can spread it to other animals or human beings.
- Don’t forget to include your pets in your emergency preparedness plan. Make sure to have a 2 to 3 week’s supply of food and medication on hand.
- Wash your pet more than usual and don’t let strangers pet your dog (the virus could theoretically live on their fur just like any other surface).
- If you need to bring your pet to the vet, call ahead to inquire about the protective measures they’re taking (some vets have you wait outside in your car instead of the waiting room, for example). Green Dog Dental is seeing patients by appointment only.
- You can help flatten the curve and keep yourself and your pets healthy by washing your hands, staying home as much as possible, and practicing social distancing when you do go outside.
We know your pet will be a great comfort during Covid-19 and we hope you both stay safe.