Skip to content
- At Green Dog Dental we create a calm stress free, fear free environment so pets feel as though they are visiting a friend, rather than a veterinary office. There is no nose-to-nose contact with any of our pet patients. We also have several calming essential oils diffusing throughout the clinic so pets can not smell other animals when they arrive.
- Prior to starting the procedure our technicians spend some time on the floor with the animals establishing trust, socializing, touching them, rubbing their bellies and touching their face.
- Our dental technicians are experienced, understand animal behavior and have exceptional animal handling skills for this procedure. Our technicians sit on the floor at eye level with the pets to make them feel more comfortable and before beginning the procedure they spend time talking to their patients to make sure they are trusting and feel safe.
- In the rare occasion we have a patient who’s very anxious, we will utilize our swaddle method, comfortably swaddling the pet as we do with human infants.
- If all above techniques do not work and your pet is still stressed or nervous, we will not proceed with the dental cleaning. Our veterinarian can offer a light sedative to take the edge off for those more anxious or aggressive pets.